Stantonbury International School (SIS) want to provide opportunities that explore the interconnections between people and places around the world and therefore encourage our students to further develop an understanding of their social responsibility.
During their time at SIS students will gain invaluable knowledge of cultural understanding through global learning opportunities.
International education enriches teaching and learning, giving young people a window into different cultures and countries and helping them develop as responsible global citizens preparing them for life and work in the wider world.
SIS has been awarded the British Council’s International School Foundation Award. This globally recognised accreditation celebrates the achievements of schools that do exceptional work in international education.
Our exciting journey to becoming an International Baccalaureate school (IB) has started with our Year 7 students who are now following the Middle Years Programme (MYP). To find out more about the MYP please click here.
At Stantonbury International School, we pride ourselves in our International efforts:
Mandarin Excellence Programme
- Mandarin Chinese opens up a world of opportunity – as the most spoken language in the world, it can connect speakers with an exciting and dynamic culture as well as boost career opportunities. Mandarin has been identified as one of the most important languages for the UK’s future prosperity.
- The Mandarin Excellence programme, delivered by University College London, is a unique and intensive language programme on offer to Year 7s at Stantonbury.
- In addition to the Mandarin excellence programme, we offer a Mandarin club that is open to all SIS students.
- We offer an International club where students can enrich their lives through global activities.
- We have partnerships with India, China, Lebanon, Germany, France, Iceland and many more through eTwinning.
- It is here where we will lay the foundations of our Erasmus+ project and students can work on joint project activities with the possibility to visit schools in our Erasmus+ partnership in the future. We are running two eTwinning projects to be developed during International club meetings.
International Culture Days
- We aim to celebrate world holidays such as Chinese New Year, as well as introducing international food and languages days alongside celebrating many other international events.
- Projects underway include a bookmark exchange with China on cultural identity; a street market comparison with India and Lebanon; and the start of a very current and important theme of saving the environment through activities and discussions on “Plastics in our Oceans”.
Languages and Friendship
- In our modern foreign language classes, some German students have been writing to pen friends with our partner in Realschule Brioche Mühleim an der Ruhr near Düsseldorf, and we are similarly working on a pen pal exchange for our students studying French.
- We offer trips to Aachen, Germany to visit the Christmas Market and will be offering a visit to France in the summer term (Details to follow in December/January).
- Additionally, we pride ourselves in our sporting links with a football trip to Holland and exchanges with our partner school, St Bedes, in Argentina