Griffin Schools Trust – Student Engagement
Throughout the year there are a number of Trust-wide events that Stantonbury takes part in:
The Griffin Sports Festival (GSF)
Taking place at the end of September each year this festival is comprised of two elements:
- an Inter-School Competition for twelve year 6/7 pupils from each school within the Trust, taking place at Nicholas Chamberlaine School, Bedford.
- an Intra-School House Competition for all year groups taking place within each school.
We introduce the pupils to a wide variety of sports including; Triathlon, Orienteering, Archery, Handball, Sitting Volleyball, Boccia and Curling.
Founders Day (FD)
A day of celebration across all Trust Schools, in February.
It is a celebration of:
- the foundation of the Griffin Schools Trust
- being a part of the Griffin family
- each school’s journey within the Trust
- the proud traditions of each school
- links between the school and their local community
The Griffin Science Symposium (GSS)
This annual day of STEM workshops and lectures for ten year 6/7 competition winners from each school within the Trust, takes place at Stantonbury International School, Milton Keynes, every March.
The Griffin Arts Festival (GAF)
GAF is a celebration of the arts, held at the end of June/beginning of July.
GAF has a dual focus:
- a two week event happening in each school for every year group
- a four day immersive residential for ten year 5 competition winners from each primary school hosted by Riverley and Willow Brook, our East London schools. Ten sixth formers from each of the Trust’s secondaries attend as volunteer student leaders.
Both feature a mixture of excursions and in-school sessions across a broad spectrum of the Arts, including dance, music, theatre and visual art.